Sunday, November 21, 2010

Puneri diaries...

It was a Facebook update from a friend about this movie "Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai" stating it was good and a must-watch. And it was enough to arouse my curiosity; a Marathi movie of a light-hearted romance... ahaa... was now really keen to see it... But how? Definetely, I would not get to see it in the theatres; if it was in Maharashtra, it would have been screened widely but not so in Bangalore :( Fortunately, just the other day, one of my office colleagues shared a reliable torrent site with me and as luck would have it I found this movie on it...

It was a nice, light-hearted, refreshing movie after a long time... It was a good way to pass a lazy Sunday afternoon. Simple story of an unexpected romance set in the backdrop of Pune. Watching the familiar places gave me a déjà vu feeling and in no time I was soaked in my Puneri aathavani when I used to be there more than two years back. I started off my professional career in Pune with my then classmates and now good friends... Scenes revolving around Pune station, Laakdi pul, Bal Gandharva rang-mandir, Deccan Gymkhana, J.M. Road, Saras Baug, Tulasi Baug, Kothrud City pride, Dagadu sheth temple were all so familiar and felt at home... It was like... yes, this place, I have been here before, right here... The typical Puneri lingo, the attitude and sarcasm was something I could relate to easily...

I must admit one thing here... While I was in Pune for almost 2 years, I had cursed it with an open heart :) on the poor infrastructure, lack of facilities, dusty environs and the lackadaisical attitude of the people... And after leaving it, when I look back now... I feel... it wasn't that bad after all... when you look at things in a broader perspective, you start appreciating the beauty of things much more than before... I had lovely friends-cum-flatmates for company and we had a ball of time together... during cooking sessions, post-dinner conversations, sharing of day's events, making of weekend plans (however futile they may be :D), groceries shopping, movies, outings, shopping... it was a home away from home... visiting the places mentioned above in a place like Pune where you don't really feel lost, probably due to the youthful nature of the city... Cheers, hope to be back there someday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment