I am glad that I have started blogging more frequently than I was when I had just begun. And I hope to continue this stream of writing in my utmost capacity. Well, frankly speaking, currently, I am in a transition phase between jobs and hence can afford to spend leisurely time on it; but real test is when I recommence my IT job, its hide-and-seek with my creative time and somewhere in between still manage to keep the loyalities... Lets see, how far I go!
As of now, I am toying with the abstract of a new short story. There were some failed attempts from last weeks over a concept and so I decided to just let it go... I can't drag an idea to make it a full-blown story when I myself am not convinced over it fully. Most of my creativity unleashes in the unexpected circumstances...while travelling in a bus... in the crowded lanes... while in a conversation with someone... or when just about to sleep... rather than the more serene settings such as admiring nature or on a cool evening. Ideally I do need silence around me to get going...infact I prefer some noise around...some activity... some movement of people which tells me or rather assures me that the world around me is going on... and that I am watching it go by with a mind of my own... Strange but true! If the story materialises, I may either send it to an upcoming contest or publish it over some site...By the time the story evolves, lots of changes take place in what you had visualised about the characters and finally the way they are dished out... Further, the no of words, theme, readers' message (if any), description and many more factors determine where the story fits in truly...That reminds me, I have to read a book, SHORT-STORY WRITING by Grenville Kleiser, an old gem which my father has searched from his collection for me to read :P, I wonder when I will get the 'muhurt' to start reading it... If I say this, we both will further have a debate on time management... Too many things to do as of now... Let me begin atleast...
As of now, I am toying with the abstract of a new short story. There were some failed attempts from last weeks over a concept and so I decided to just let it go... I can't drag an idea to make it a full-blown story when I myself am not convinced over it fully. Most of my creativity unleashes in the unexpected circumstances...while travelling in a bus... in the crowded lanes... while in a conversation with someone... or when just about to sleep... rather than the more serene settings such as admiring nature or on a cool evening. Ideally I do need silence around me to get going...infact I prefer some noise around...some activity... some movement of people which tells me or rather assures me that the world around me is going on... and that I am watching it go by with a mind of my own... Strange but true! If the story materialises, I may either send it to an upcoming contest or publish it over some site...By the time the story evolves, lots of changes take place in what you had visualised about the characters and finally the way they are dished out... Further, the no of words, theme, readers' message (if any), description and many more factors determine where the story fits in truly...That reminds me, I have to read a book, SHORT-STORY WRITING by Grenville Kleiser, an old gem which my father has searched from his collection for me to read :P, I wonder when I will get the 'muhurt' to start reading it... If I say this, we both will further have a debate on time management... Too many things to do as of now... Let me begin atleast...
Hi Pradnya
ReplyDeleteYou have the lots of thing in mind to do, and thats really great,if you have analyzed you are just thinking when and how can I fullfill your dreams, well one thing what I can say is why not start writting every night before going to sleep all the daily activity, good one, bad one and funny one. And also never keep planning on things becuase most of the time in planning we do not consider the external environment which will effect our plan. Whenever you get time write or read. I say that never loose an oppurtunity.
Hi Pradnya
ReplyDeleteYou had a failed attempts that doesnt mean that you let it go, fight with that and make it succesfull.Great people have failed number of times then they were successfull.
If you have a liking towards observing people around you then I would say you will be able to write the worlds best stories, becuase writing stories on people around you is very difficult as everyone is unique and funny.Try it out.
Thanks for the vivid comments and honest suggestions... will try my level best to implement it; though writing everyday after a day's grueling work is strenous at times...
ReplyDelete